Every Service We Offer is Individual, Unique and Personalized...
We understand that no two projects are alike, no matter how many similarities. That's why we gather as much information about the tasks at hand and your expectations. MainStreet Planning is devoted to giving each of our clients our best work, every time. Below are the services we have completed in the past for clients of all sizes. No project is too big or too small.
- Zoning Ordinances
- Form Based Codes
- Comprehensive Land Use Plans
- Recreation Plans
- Strategic Plans
- Corridor Plans
- Village Center/New Urbanism Design
- Farmland and Open Space Preservation Techniques
- Charrettes and Visioning
- Sign Ordinances
- General Law Ordinances
- Low Impact Development
- Capital Improvement Programs
- Training Seminars for Planning Commissions and Zoning Boards of Appeal
- Review of Development Proposals
- Planner of Record ServicesPublic Workshops and Citizen Survey Form
- Design of Subdivisions, Site Condominiums
- Wind Energy Conversion System (wind turbine) Ordinances
- Outdoor Furnace Ordinances
- In-house Zoning Administration Services
- Expert Testimony
"MainStreet Planning Company has provided a variety of planning related services to the City of Ionia for well over a decade. Our Planning Commissioners respect and trust the sound advice that Tim and Jan provide. The reviews and reports they generate are accurate and thorough. Tim and Jan stay current on planning trends and State legislation that affects local planning and zoning decisions. When assistance on a specific matter is needed, they are prompt in responding and reasonable with their charges. Our Planning Commissioners count MainStreet Planning Company as part of the City's overall planning team."
- Jason Eppler, Manager City of Ionia
"Tim helped us work through the technical and legal details of wind energy systems, which resulted in a thorough and well-researched ordinance that has been used by some neighboring townships as a guide for their own wind energy ordinances.We find Tim to be very personable, hard-working, knowledgeable, responsive and attentive to details. Tim has raised the level of professionalism in our township planning efforts. As a Planning Commission, we interviewed several planners before making the selection of MainStreet Planning. With the selection of Tim, we are thankful that we found the perfect match for FruitlandTownship Planning Commission."
- The seven members of the Fruitland Township Planning Commission